Monday, November 8, 2010

My Journey With P90X

For once in a long time i am taking care of me and thinking of me and me only. So i decided to start by getting healthy. Eating clean, no more junk, quitting soda and looking and feeling better about myself. Last week i started doing just that. Got myself eating food low in calories and full of protein, eating snacks in between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Working Out, doing yoga, and cardio 7 days a week. I normally wouldn't workout that much but I got the perfect workout schedule with the p90x program.
Monday was very hard, I never ate Tuna but after i did i was like ok not so bad i can do this. I worked out 2 hours later and for the first time in years my back was drenched in sweat. Than the abs exercises kicked my ass, i was gasping for air.
Tuesday I wake up and i'm completely sore! I had Plyometrics to look forward too, i was looking forward to it also but when i started the workout and i was 5 mins into the warm up my legs were already burning, but i kept going. At the ended i felt humiliated, i'm in worse shape than i thought.
Wednesday i was REALLY sore so I started taking glutamine 2x a day to help my body heal faster. Did shoulders and arms. It was alright but i didn't feel like i got a nice pump or workout when i was done. Bands are nice but i gotta get me some dumbbells for a harder workout and pumps. After i was done i did abs and it killed me once again.
Thrusday i woke up sore still. It was yoga day and I didn't think much of it, but i will never make fun of another guy for doing yoga again. It is NOT easy doing it for 1hr and a half when u were sore for 3 days in the legs, back and abs and never tried yoga before, i was actually in a some pain on my back. I also started hating tuna already. Just the thinking that i gotta eat it makes me sick.
Friday was Legs and Back again. I actually loved the legs exercises! My legs were so pumped up and they were buuuuuuuurning! It was pretty hard doing the one leg exercises but i did alright, same for the wall squats very hard i could not do them for more than 7 seconds. Once again Abs kicked my ass.
Saturday i woke and as soon as my feet hit the ground i almost feel on my face. My calves were VERY VERY sore. All day today I had to walk like a dumbass dragging my feet and knees bent cuz the calves hurt so much. Still today Monday 2 days later they hurt when i try to flex them. Later on i did Kempo X and it was my favorite workout along with back and legs. Punching, kicking, knees, elbows. No complaints there, loved it.
Sunday i had the option of either just resting or stretching. I chose to the stretching. Felt nice on my body after 6 days of sweating and soreness.
That was 7 days down and 83 days left to go! It will be tough, but i will get used to it and i will make it. This first month is all about high protein food and fat burning. Like i mentioned before i'm growing tired of tuna but i do love the egg white omelet with apple in the morning and the chicken breast for dinner. On the 1st of December my diet will change as well as my workouts, it will be the 2nd month for energy boosting.
Can't wait for day 30, 60 and day 90!

No comments:

Post a Comment